About the Program
Bhau Cyber security and Agritech incubation program gives an opportunity to young entrepreneurs to take forward their business idea and convert these ideas into start-up with expert guidance and mentoring. The incubation program focuses of following start-up categories: –
1. Cyber security
What will you get?
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Open desk space.
- High Speed Internet access over Wi-Fi and LAN.
- Use of shared facilities like conference rooms, faculty rooms, classrooms and training rooms, printing can be availed subject to the availability.
- Access to COEP labs and mentoring from COEP Faculty on technical aspects
Technical and Business Mentoring
- One-on-one mentoring sessions for idea validation and refinement, business plan development, defining minimum viable product, go-to-market plans, customer identification and partnering.
- Access to external service providers for legal, finance, accounting, marketing communications and IPR.
- Access to ongoing expert sessions on business & technology development throughout the incubation program.
- Regular networking events with other entrepreneurs and industry experts. Regular networking events with other entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Access to industry organisations for product validation, testing, and pilot customers.
- Publicity for your startup in local media and visibility with various national and international industry and government visitors to Bhau Institute.
Access to Investors
- Opportunity to pitch products to angel and other investor partners.
- Opportunities to showcase products in various events, including a demo day for pitching to investors, industry and government partners.
- Assist in preparation of funding proposals for seeking Government funds and banking loans.
- Direct access to funds when Bhau Institute will have funds from Government for seed funding
Applicant should have a business idea in Cyber security or Agritech.
A) Applicant should have product & technology idea in Cyber Security domain majorly focusing on but not limited to the areas such as :
- Data Security & Privacy
- Wired and Wireless Network Security
- Physical and Logical Access controls
- Security Surveillance
- Information Security and Risk Management
- Cyber Threat Management
- Process automation in cyber security area
- Cloud Security
- IoT for Agriculture
- AI/ML for Agriculture
- Mechatronics for Agriculture
- A physical product solving the issues in traditional agriculture practices
- A service solving the issues of farmers
- Healthy food product with better nutrition value
- Agri-marketing platform
- supply chain solution
- smart farming solutions using data analysis
- crop management platform
- Any other
Selection will be based on the commercial viability of your business idea,
innovative technology, the possibility of patenting, market opportunity, scalability of the product/business, the uniqueness of business proposition, and team strength.
Selection will also be based upon the support you need from Incubator and Bhau Institute can provide the necessary support effectively
How does it work if I have only an idea or a concept and not a design/prototyping ready?
We have following models to support your idea/ startup:
- Pre- Incubation: Support provide from Idea Validation to Detailed Business plan drafting
- Physical Incubation: It is a selective and intensive program. Ideas/ startups selected in this program will have structured training, targeted mentoring, third-party service provider access, funding support, hand-on guidance and access to a global network of co-founders, mentors, investors, and services providers for the incubation period.
- Incubation Lite:
- Virtual Incubation: Entrepreneurs will be able to:
- Receiving mentoring on business opportunity validation
- Access to training programs
- Limited access to various networking events.
What is the Selection Process?
Step 1: Apply to the program through our website www.bhau.org by filling and submitting the application form.
Step 2: Shortlisting of start-ups for personal first idea pitching program.
Step 3: Incubation program will start for the selected start-ups after passing through the successful completion of whole process.
Do I and/or the team need to physically relocate to Pune for this program?
NO. It is not necessary to get relocated to Pune fulltime for this program. We have customised our incubation programs to cater to all candidates. Our “Pre-Incubation” and “Virtual Incubation” programs can support offsite start-ups. Majority of the meetings, business, and technical mentoring can be conducted remotely. While we support virtual incubation, we will expect you to be physically present for detailed review once in 2 months, investor’s event, and specific technical and business training, workshops related to the further maturation of your start-ups.
Is there any registration fess fee to participate in the program?
NO. There is no registration fee or any other charges for applying the program.
Do you provide accommodation and travel reimbursements for the startups team during the course of the program?
Do I need to share IP ownership with the program partners?
Does Bhau Institute provide seed funding?
No. Bhau institute do not provide any upfront seed funding. Once your idea gets validated, Bhau Institute will help you to raise funds with the help of our ecosystem partners of Seed/Angel investors. Bhau Institute will also provide you information on the various government funding schemes. In addition, Bhau Institute will provide you with help in kind via our various technology and industry partners to bring your idea to the minimum viable product (MVP) stage.
My startup is already funded and has an upfront valuation. Can I still apply?
I’m a mid-career person working in industry with an Idea/Project. I want to pursue on the side and over the weekends. May I apply?
COEP's Bhau Institute of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership