Venture Launch Program
- The Venture Launch Program is an extended workshop where participants are not only taught the strategies, tools, and processes of creating & launching a new venture but are also required to create and launch their start-up as part of the program.
- By focusing on practical knowledge and applied learning, this program teaches the participants how to turn a great idea into a great start-up. The program provides practical knowledge about and experience of creating a start-up, running it, and engaging in fundraising. Participants will learn the skills & traits of successful entrepreneurs, visit start-ups, form their own start-ups, recruit mentors, develop minimum viable product (MVP), analyse competition, develop channel partnerships, acquire customers and present their ideas to potential investors and advisors.
- Program fosters high intensity learning environment, with likeminded passionate & visionary participants, and led by successful entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and subject matter experts.
Who is it for / Who Should Participate
- Budding Entrepreneurs
- Start-up employees planning to launch their own venture
- Young industry Professionals exploring self-employment as a career
- Game changers – individuals with passion, vision, commitment, and great idea
- Entrepreneurship educators
Value proposition / Program Takeaways
- Learn the traits, habits, ethics, etiquette, and communication skills of successful entrepreneurs
- Understand the attributes of and develop a fundable entrepreneurial business plan
- Learn key assessment and feasibility techniques including design thinking, product definition, and rapid iteration testing, and designing the minimum viable product
- Acquire tools for assessing product and market fit including understanding target markets and market segmentation and performing effective industry and competitive analysis
- Understand the importance of and approaches to building a high functioning team and impactful advisory board
- Learn about the importance of and approaches to using Big Data, technology, web 2.0, and social media to build a sustainable brand and competitive advantage
- Gain knowledge of start-up valuation techniques, funding sources, and fundraising strategies
- Learn about bootstrapping, lean launch strategies, and managing cash flow to navigate funding death valley
- 4 Modules – Being an Entrepreneur, Creating a venture, Running a start-up, & raising capital
- A total 72 hours program conducted over 3 months with 2 sessions per week. Each session is of 3 hours.
- Guest Speakers and Company Visits
- Lectures, Case Studies, simulations, & Team Working Sessions
- Successful skills, traits and habits
- Essential ethics, etiquette, and communications
- Impact of Big Data, Web 2.0 , social media, and technological innovations
- Elevator pitch
- Innovative Business models and effective business plans
- Legal structure and IP protection
- Internal success drivers
- MVP and product development
- Competition and competitive advantage
- Customer identification, engagement, acquisition, and retention
- Fieldwork – visit start-ups
- Fieldwork – form a company
- Fieldwork – developed the MVP
- Fieldwork – engage and acquire a customer
- Financial statements, models, and analytical tools for performance analysis, measurement, monitoring, and reporting
- Post-program completion mentoring support
Ready to Learn?
COEP's Bhau Institute of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership